Everyone Plays - Balanced Teams - Positive Coaching - Open Registration - Good Sportsmanship - Player Development
1. PLAYER REGISTRATION/PLACEMENT/TRANSFER TEAM INFORMATION
A. No registration, placement, or transfer of players shall be accepted after October 1st of each year for U16 and U19 players and October 31st of each year for players U14 and below.
B. Teams shall not be formed after October 1st of each year.
C. A complete listing of teams, by division, indicating the players name, birth date, coaches name and phone number thereon, shall be submitted to the respective Area Director, upon their request, or as directed by the Section Director.
D. The experimental program for U16 and U19 shall be comprised of an accelerated program and an extended program to accommodate both the C.I.F. player dropout and those players who do not participate in C.I.F. soccer. Players, who depart the accelerated program for C.I.F., or other reasons, are ineligible to participate in the extended program. Regions may accept new registration up to and including October 31st to constitute teams for the extended program. At the discretion of the Regional Commissioner, those players who are not selected to play C.I.F. soccer may be permitted to participate in the extended program.
A. In order for a region to be eligible for post-season playoff competition, the region must be in compliance with current AYSO requirements. This shall include player fee payment, player registrations entered in eAYSO or sent to NSTC…….
B. League champions shall be determined by a system devised by the commissioner or the area director if there is inter-regional play prior to the start of the season.
C. It shall be mandatory to play a regularly scheduled league game, unless valid reason for non-appearance is supplied to the respective commissioner.
D. In case of failure to play a regularly scheduled game, the offending team shall lose said game by a score of 1:0
E. In case of postponed games; the full power to reschedule region games shall reside with the Regional Commissioner, area games with the Area Director and section games with the Section Director, or with the respective designees.
F. The experimental program for U16 and U19 play permits free player substitution during the accelerated and extended programs at the discretion of the Regional Commissioner with the prior approval of the Area Director. Free substitution may apply to Area and Section playoffs with the appropriate vote of the Regional Commissioners for each category, votes within Area and Section playoffs with the approval of the executive members within each level. It shall be the joint responsibility of the Regional Commissions, Area Director and/or designee to monitor the application of this free substitution experiment to ensure strict adherence and compliance with the “everyone plays one-half of every game” doctrine. Failure to adequately monitor for compliance may be grounds for revocation of the free substitution option.
G. In order for a team to be eligible for league playoff competition, the team must play a minimum of 50% of the regular season AYSO regional or inter-regional games.
H. In order to be eligible for league playoff competition a player must have played in at least half of the total number of league games played by this playoff team to which he/she was assigned during the regular season, except in the situation where the player is assigned in time to meet this requirement but is unable to play because of illness, injury, or a change in residence which causes a change in regions. League games shall be the games played by the team prior to playoffs within the Region or Area.
I. League champions may compete in a playoff to determine Area champions. Area champions may compete in a playoff to determine Section champions.
J. Each region may enter teams from Division U10 through U19 in the Area championships. From each of these age groups of each Region, one boy’s team and one girl’s team may be entered. U8 teams are not eligible for playoffs. Additional teams may be added at the direction of the tournament director.
K. All playoff competition shall be conducted under these Rules & Regulations. The designated playoff chairman shall publish, at least 60 days prior to the commencement of the playoffs, administrative procedures necessary, but not in conflict with these Rules & Regulations.
L. In all playoff games:
1. All team finalists in Section championship games may be awarded appropriate awards.
2. In case of conflicting colors, the designated home team shall change uniforms.
3. Failure of both teams to be ready at kickoff shall constitute a double forfeit and their respective opponents for the next round shall receive a bye. Failure by a team to play any of their scheduled games in the Section Championships will result in forfeiture (1-0) in favor of their opponents for all scheduled games within their respective groupings.
4. Properly completed lineup forms shall be presented to the referee prior to the start of the game and shall include the names of all players, present or not, and an explanation of absences.
5. Games shall be played as scheduled and only the referee in charge or the Regional Commissioner for Region games, the Area Director for Area games, and the Section Director for Section games, or the respective designee, shall have the authority to cancel such games.
6. In case of ties in Section playoff games (optional for Regional and Area playoff games), the following tie breaking system shall apply:
A. In case of a tie at the end of regulation time, overtime shall be played as follows:
U10 – one ten (10) minute overtime period consisting of two five (5) minute halves.
U12 – one fourteen (14) minute overtime period consisting of two seven (7), minute halves.
U14 – one eighteen (18) minute overtime period consisting of two nine (9), minute halves.
U16 & U19 – one twenty (20 minute overtime period consisting of two ten (10), minute halves.
Teams will change ends of the field at the end of the first half of overtime. The overtime period will not be “sudden victory”. Free substitution will be permitted in overtime. If a team is playing short because of ejections, it will continue to play short during the overtime.
B. If teams are tied at the end of the overtime period; kicks from the penalty mark will be used as follows:
(1) Each team shall alternately take five kicks from the penalty mark at the same goal.
(2) Each kick shall be taken by a different player.
(3) The team scoring the most goals shall be declared the winner.
(4) If tied after both teams have competed five kicks, the kicks shall continue in the same order (each kick being taken by a different player until all players of each team have been used) until such time as both teams have taken an equal number of kicks (not necessarily five) and one has scored more than the other; this team shall be declared the winner.
(5) If all players of each team have been used and the game is still tied, then the taking of kicks shall continue in the same order as previously used, but not necessarily the same order of players.
(6) The goalkeeper may be changed after any kick from the penalty mark. Only the players on the field at the termination of overtime may participate in the taking of kicks from the mark. None of these players may be exempted from taking a kick if the number of kicks required to be taken equals or exceeds the number of players on the field.
(7)If either team is playing short at the end of the overtime periods then the other team will reduce its players to the same number.
4. DURATION OF SEASON
The official playing season of Section Eleven shall be from August through the end of playoffs. Dates of season(s) other than the above shall be approved by the respective Area Director and by the Section Director.
5. ALL-STAR COMPETITION
The All-Star program is intended to provide an opportunity for those layers who have demonstrated outstanding soccer ability and who have displayed an attitude of fair play, enthusiasm, and cooperative team spirit to participate on a team composed of players who have similar qualifications.
A. All-star teams shall be formed no sooner than November 15th. A final team roster shall be given to the Area Director on or before a date established by the Area Director. This date shall be prior to the first scheduled game for the team.
B. Each area shall determine its own competitive format.
C. All-Star players must compete in the age division in which they participated during the regular season.
D. To be eligible for All-Star competition a player must have played in at least half of the total number of league games played by the team to which he/she was assigned during the regular season, except in the situation where the player is assigned in time to meet this requirement but is unable to play because of illness, injury, or a change in residence which causes a change of region. League games shall be the games played to the team prior to playoffs within the region or area.
E. Where not in conflict with Section V, paragraphs A-D above, the provisions of Sections 1-5 of these Rules & Regulations shall apply.
These Rules and Regulations were last revised by vote of the Area Directors of Section Eleven in August of 2006.